Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting Ready for Kindergarten

So, we just went to Kindergarten Round-Up for my youngest. Sad day for me, but excited for him. Got lots of info and fun things to do during summer to prepare for it. Some really fun things and I'm going to share some of them here, so stay tuned for 1 or 2 posts a week for fun things to do with your child to get them ready for Kindergarten. I'm going to post several hear because we are over half way through the month. I'd love to hear about what you do with your child this summer as you both get ready for it.

April - Going Green!

Things to look and listen for:
Color: green
Numbers: 1-20
Letters: P, p and L, l
Shape: triangle
Sight words: see, at, nine
Words to Talk About and Use: recycle, environment, Earth

Snack Time:
Plan snacks and serve them at the table. If you're away from home, find a park bench or a building's hallway bench. Treat snacking like other planned mealtimes.

A Fun Song:
I'm a Little Dandolin
(sung to "I'm a Little Teapot")

I'm a little dandoline tall and slim
(Stand on tiptoes)
Here are my petals
(Place hands on side of head and wiggle fingers)
Here is my stem
(Hold arms down at sides)
When the sun comes up
(Make sun with arms)
And the rain comes down
(Flutter hands to floor like rain. End in a crouching position.)
I grow, grow, grow up from the ground!
(Slowly stand up and raise hands over head.)


posted by:
Cara Retz

No comments: