Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 Healthy Families Toy Drive

During 2010, I will be collecting donations to purchase toys for the children of Healthy Families of Howard County. There are several ways you can participate:

1. One the 15th of each month, I will be placing a group order. All free items earned from this order will be used to get toys. Let me know by noon on the 15th of any month if you are intersted in ordering.

2. Add $1 or $2 to your order to pool with other donations to be used to purchase toys for the toy drive.

3. Donate any amount to go towards purchasing toys.

4. If you own a business, run an organization, or know someone who does, I can set up a display in the place of business and take orders from any customers or employees, all free items earned from this will go towards toys for Healthy Families.

5. If you own a business, run an organization, or know someone who does, the business can donate money to purchase toys.

6. Hold a party and use all or part of the free toys you earn to donate toys to the drive.

7. Spread the word. Pass this info along to everyone you know and encourage them to participate.

8. Any other way you can think of.

The toy drive starts now and will run through November 30, 2010.

As of right now, I'm not sure of the specifics of the number of kids to be buying for, but in 2009, there were 163 kids in the program and 306 siblings. I was able to get a toy for the 163 kids in the program, and hope to do more this year. I would like to be able to get at least 1-2 toys for each child and I can't do this without your help.

Please let me know how you would like to participate. If you have any questions, please email me at playsmartstore@gmail.com.

Thanks so much to everyone to helped last year and for your help this year!!

Cara Retz
Educational Leader, Discovery Toys
www.playsmartstore.com
playsmartstore@gmail.com

No comments: